Saturday, September 25, 2010

Nothing compares . . .

Just a few days back I found lots of budday cards and stuff my dad gifted me when I was little which I had somehow forgotten.

This one's for my father :D actually, for all the fathers out there who adore their daughters to an extent which makes the daughter say -- Oh God!

and also for all the daughters who feel maybe he's being too overprotective.

So well, here it goes :


Nothing compares to the comfort of walking sleepy-eyed into the living room every morning and seeing him reading the newspaper . . .


Nothing compares to the sense of security that you feel when despite your loud protests, he insists on dropping you somewhere just so he is assured that you have reached safely . . .


Nothing compares to the feeling of individuality that only he could give by asking for your opinion on significant family decisions, even when you were just 12 . . .


Nothing compares to the delight you feel when he expresses amazement that your budday is not important enough to be a national holiday . . .


Nothing compares to the sense of camaraderie you feel when it's you and your father versus mom and your brother . . .


Nothing compares to the spark in your mother's eyes when she gets a pair of earrings from him on their anniversary . . .


Nothing compares to the feeling of exceptionality he insists in you when he genuinely thinks that any guy isn't good enough for someone as unique as you . . .


Nothing compares with the knowledge that no matter what life throws at you, dad will always help you fix it . . .


And finally, absolutely nothing compares to the taken-for-granted feeling that no matter where you are, he is just a phone call away . . .



Thank you for being there always :)

6 comments:

санжог said...

that was really nice farr

Peregrine said...

Yayyyy DADZ....

Luved every word of it Farru...absolutely brilliant

To right abt dads...they are the most understated humans in the world...n its amazing that they get recognition every now n then :D :D

Meetz said...

Thankyou soooo much Farheeen for this post!!!! :) you exactly know why am I thanking you! :) Loved every word...felt as if i was talking about my dad :) except that his choice of earings wud be ahem well questionable..he used to ask me n my sis to go buy smthing on his behalf :P plus he taught me to say "Excuse me" before interrupting him in public :P
My heartiest Salaams to your Dad! and BIIIG HUG to you :D

Sumaiya Inayat said...

Thats a sweet poem there:)
The line about no guy good enough reminds me of Elizabeth (Pride and Prejudice) and her dad.

You should have added something on how unpredictable they can sometimes get. :P

farh said...

@Sumi:

I was in an awesome mood when I wrote this so conveniently forgot about their unpredictablenesss :P

Peregrine said...

I loved reading this again after 2 years... read it again farruuuu :D